It’s December, so it’s that time of year, right? Time for Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Hanukka and Kwanza. Time for family and friends, traditions, presents, Santa, cookies and maybe even The Grinch! Every year we do our annual Happy Holidays SYDCON blog and it’s become a tradition to share one of my favorite Christmas songs. “Jingle Bells” – but the Bare Naked Ladies version. If you havent yet (and how could that be, this is the third time I have shared it), go ahead and listen while you read. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
So, on the topic of our tradition of sharing my favorite Christmas song, I thought it would be fun to share some of our other traditions! In our family we have varying traditions, from what we eat, to what we watch, to how we do things. I’d like to share a few, and hope that you will honor us by sharing a few of yours with us. So, without further ado…
1. Look at the Black Friday sales ads but don’t dare got out & shop! (Although the teenager is begging so I may have to relent one of these days!).
2. Put up our Christmas decorations on Black Friday & order in Chinese for dinner.
3. Unpack our newly acquired annual Disney World ornaments and hope there is room on the tree!
4. Decide on our holiday photo cards.
5. Listen to holiday music from the classics to current; Bing Crosby to Bare Naked Ladies to Justin Bieber (don’t judge we have daughters!).
6. Hold Santa over misbehaving children’s heads! LOL!
7. Bake tons of cookies, homemade bread and candy.
8. Watch our favorites like: Home Alone, It’s A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Frosty, Rudolph, Santa Claus is Coming to Town, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, The Year Without a Santa Claus, The Santa Clause, Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Story and Arthur Christmas and more!
9. Bake something on Christmas Eve night and watch A Christmas Story on repeat.
10. Have cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.
So, there is a bit of a insight into our family holidays and things that we enjoy or that make us smile. Some other things are our clients and online community of friends. We always take some time at this time of the year to express our gratitude for you. We have come a long way thanks to our wonderful family of clients, our social media community, our dedicated staff, family and friends. We hope you will take a few minutes to share a tradition of yours with us! Happy Holidays to All!