It’s November, Happy Thanksgiving! Whether your business is flourishing, or just hanging on in this economy, we have to be thankful for the business we have! With November also comes the end of the year, moving on from 2010 and looking into 2011. What does your business have on the horizon for 2011? Lot’s of new trends are emerging, in social media, as well as in mobile & web development. Below is a our list of some key trends, we have also included a link to a post from @GiniDietrich at Spin Sucks for a list of social media trends. Which of these are you looking to implement?
1) Mobile Apps: Are there aspects of your business clients or staff could access on their mobile devices? Say product inventory or pricing?
2) iPhone/iPad Apps: Everywhere you look you see the phrase “There’s an App for that!”. Does your company have an App? Do you have the next great App idea? Look into bringing it to life!
3) QR Codes: QR Codes can offer your company valuable tracking information on how your advertising dollars are working, and where they are working best. They can help you track how well promotions succeed in certain areas. For example, did your promotion work better in the store or on the web?
4) Microsites: Microsites can be used for QR Code campaigns, new product lines, announcements, press releases, launch parties, you name it.
5) Ecommerce & Mobile Ecommerce: Is your website site up to snuff or is it hard to navigate and scaring away your prospective clients? Is your website mobile ecommerce ready?
6) Custom CMS: Do you frequently update your website content? You should consider implementing a custom content management system (CMS) to give you control over your site content?
Today, technology goes hand in hand with Social Media, so in addition to my list have a look at Gini Dietrich’s post “Eight Social Meida Trends for 2011“. Do you see any new trends you want to embrace and implement for your business in 2011? Start making plans now to incorporate them into your 2011 marketing plan and budget. You never know, it could give you a lot more to be thankful for next Thanksgiving!